Diversified Opportunity, Inc. (“DO Fund,” “we,” “our,” or
information we collect, how we use it, and when and with whom we share it. This
Policy applies to all sites, mobile applications, and other online services (collectively,
“Platform”) made available by DO Fund. This Policy applies only to information
collected on or through the Platform(s). It does not apply to information
collected or obtained by or through any other means (including, without
limitation, information collected offline, in person, over the telephone and/or
by mail, or from third parties outside the Platform). Undefined capitalized
By accessing or using the Platform, you agree to this Policy. IF YOU DO NOT
AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS, OR USE THE PLATFORM.
How we collect and store information depends on how you access and use the Platform. We collect information in multiple ways including when you provide information directly to us, when you permit third parties to provide information to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as information collected from your browser or device.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use or access of the Platform, such as:
- When you register for an Account;
- When you participate in polls or surveys;
- When you enroll for electronic newsletters;
- When you request an offer or other information;
- When you submit an offer;
- When you make a purchase;
- When you fill out any forms;
- When you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or register for a promotion;
- When you transmit User Content;
- When you download or use one of our mobile applications; or
- When you otherwise communicate with us or other users through the Platform.
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) zip code; (c) email address; (d) home or business telephone number; (e) home, business or mailing address; (f) demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers); (g) date of birth; (h) insurance information; (i) photographs; (j) information about your service; (k) video or audio files; and/or (l) in certain circumstances, payment and/or identity verification information. It may also include information specific to services you are requesting or offering through the Platform, such as a business name, service description, qualifications and credentials. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Platform may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
Information from Affiliates, Social Networking Sites, and other Non-affiliated Third Parties
We may collect information about you or others through DO Fund affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For example, you may be able to access the Platform through a social networking account, such as Facebook. If you access the Platform through your Facebook account, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your Facebook profile. This may include your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, location, date of birth, email address, photos, videos, people you follow and/or who follow you, and/or your posts or “likes.”
Social networking sites, such as Facebook, have their own policies for handling your information. For a description of how these sites may use and disclose your information including any information you make public, please consult the sites’ privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you. We may also collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau, or information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, or for other fraud or safety protection purposes. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
Location Information. When you use the Platform, we may collect general location information (such as IP address). If you install our mobile app, we may ask you to grant us access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation, and we may use that information to improve the Platform, including providing you with location-based features (e.g. for identification of Services available near you). To deliver customized content and advertising, we may share your location information with our agents, vendors, or advertisers. If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details. If you disable certain functions, you may be unable to use certain parts of the Platform.
We may also use local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”) to assist in delivering special content, such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are not managed through your web browser. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Platform, because it may not function properly. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not affect flash cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering you for our services and verifying your identity and authority to use our services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
- To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
- To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- To periodically send promotional emails regarding new products from DO Fund, special offers from DO Fund, or other information that may interest you;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested;
- With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you;
- For DO Fund’s market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests;
- To contact you about goods and services that may interest you or with information about your use of the Platform;
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others. Unless otherwise described in this Policy, we may also share the information that we collect from you through the Platform as follows:
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, identity verification, fraud and safety protection and legal services. As we retain new service providers, we generally seek contractual assurances from these service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services and products available from DO Fund.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information when required by law or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive; (b) establish or exercise our legal rights including enforcing and administering agreements with users; or (c) defend DO Fund against legal claims. If we are required by law to disclose your information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you unless we believe in our sole discretion that (a) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, court order or applicable law; or (b) we, in our sole discretion, believe that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death, or that harm or fraud could be directed to DO Fund or users. We will attempt to provide the notice by email if you have given us an email address. If you do not challenge the disclosure request, we may be legally required to turn over your information.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions or where there is any change of control of DO Fund, user information may be among the transferred assets.
- App Store Providers. We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers (for example, the Apple App Store) to allow you to download our mobile apps.
- Academics and Research. We may provide information about users to third parties for academic and research purposes, in anonymized or aggregated form.
Please be advised that some information you provide will be publicly accessible. For instance, registration for an Account requires that you provide us with your name. If you register through Facebook, the Platform will use the name associated with your Facebook account. Your name (full name, or in some instances, your first name and last initial) may be visible to other users. Depending on the circumstances, your name may be attached to your Content or information, such as scheduling of Services, service requests, reviews, participating in discussions or forums, messaging, and profile information. Certain other people, including other users with whom you have interacted via the Platform, will see information about you that is attached to your name. For example but without limitation, if you are a Customer Member seeking Services, the description you provide of your desired services will be shown to some Members registered in the relevant category along with your name. Thus, other users may be able to personally identify you based on Content you provide.
We invite you to post Content on or through our Platform, including your comments, feedback, pictures, and any other information. However, please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. If you choose to post User Content on or through the Platform, such as through Member-to-Member messaging, through our review boards, forums, blogs, or other postings, that information: (a) may be or become publicly available; (b) may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge; and (c) may be used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Platform, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Information That Is Passively or Automatically Collected section above to help us analyze how users use the Platform, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Platform. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Platform, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
CALIFORNIA DO-NOT-TRACK DISCLOSURE
DO Fund is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Platform for third party purposes. However, DO Fund does not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, as the internet industry is currently still working on Do-Not-Track standards, implementations and solutions.
Our Services are not designed for children under 18. Only persons 18 years of age or older may use the Platform. If we discover that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will close the account and delete such information.
We employ appropriate physical, procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. DO Fund may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100% failsafe. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your log-in and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. DO Fund is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your information nor for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
THIS POLICY IS CURRENT AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. DO FUND MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME. DO FUND WILL POST ITS UPDATED POLICY ON THE PLATFORM OR SEND YOU AN EMAIL IN ADVANCE OF THE NEW EFFECTIVE DATE. DO FUND ENCOURAGES YOU TO REVIEW THIS POLICY REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY.
Our computer systems are currently based in the United States, so your personal data will be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you create an Account with the Platform as a visitor from outside the United States, by using the Platform, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to the United States, which may not offer an equivalent level of protection of that required in the European Union or certain other countries, and to the processing of that information as described in this Policy.